Here are a few tips that will make your experience at NiPHEC 2018 worthwhile.
At the Conference
- An updated show guide will probably be provided when you arrive. Take some time to revise your plan if necessary.
- Make sure your badge is in plain sight while browsing Exhibition booths.
- Have a pen and notebook ready for notes and use business cards to jot down information on the back.
- Take advantage of show specials, discounts and sales where they are truly bargains.
- Keep track of orders placed so you’ll stay within your budget.
- If you are planning to purchase any custom merchandise, bring your artwork and other files on a flash drive. Most vendors are equipped with laptops and can quickly send the data to the appropriate department.
- Take a break after a few hours to refresh, have a snack and get some fresh air.
- Leave the show a little early to avoid long lines for buses and cabs except you’re using Taxify or Uber to get yourself home.
- Bring plenty of your own business cards.
- Don’t be afraid to introduce yourself to others.
- Attend seminars and workshops if available. These educational presentations are why you came.
- Don’t linger too long at each booth and don’t stay in a conversation with a company in which you’re not interested in doing business.
After the Show
Identify if your objectives were met and if the cost of attending the trade show has had a positive long-term effect for you and your business. Evaluate if you had not attended the trade show, what would have been the cost and time to achieve the same amount of business. If you planned your attack, you will be confident in knowing the time you have spent at the show was worthwhile. Start making plans to attend your next networking & learning experience.